I can't sleep and I wake up feeling groggy.
I have to hit the snooze button two or three times before getting out of bed.
It takes several cups of coffee just to "start my day".
If you experience all of the above, then you may need a sleep disorder treatment.
You may be one of the 70 million Americans who may need a sleep disorder treatment.
Of course, everyone has a night or two of poor sleep- that does not indicate a problem - but if you awaken feeling unrefreshed, experience irritability and memory problems, or struggle through your day due to fatigue, you may be risking your health and safety and you may suffer from a sleep disorder. Dr. Brodner provides effective sleep disorder treatment in Boynton Beach.
A good night's sleep is vital to your well-being
and should be a routine part of your life.
Unfortunately, the majority of sufferers do not even realize they have a problem, self-medicate, or receive incomplete sleep disorder treatment. Many people believe "everyone snores" or "everyone feels tired" - that simply is not the case.
Training as a surgeon, Board-Certification as a Sleep Medicine specialist, and serving as the Medical Director of several Sleep Labs uniquely positions, Dr. Brodner offers you the complete complement of therapeutic options available to address the myriad of Sleep Disorders.
You will receive an individualized program utilizing the appropriate combination of weight loss, oral appliances, CPAP, minimally invasive in-office procedures, multi-level sleep surgery, pharmacotherapy (including clinical research protocols), and counseling on Good Sleep Hygiene, Relaxation Techniques, and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy to ensure you finally enjoy the refreshing sleep you require and deserve.
The Epworth Sleepiness Scale
How likely are you to feel sleepy in the following situations; compared to just feeling tired? This refers to your usual way of life in recent times. Even if you have not done some of these things recently, try to work out how they would have affected you. Use the following scale to choose the most appropriate number for each situation:
0 = would never feel sleepy
1= slight chance of being sleepy
2 = moderate chance of being sleepy
3 = high chance of being sleepy
Chance of Dozing
- Sitting and reading | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- Watching TV | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- Sitting inactive in a public place (meeting, theater) | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- Lying down to rest in the afternoon when circumstances permit | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- Sitting and talking to someone | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- Sitting quietly after eating lunch without alcohol | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
- In a car while stopped for a few minutes in traffic | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
If your total equals 10 or more, then you are TOO SLEEPY and should make an appointment to see Dr. Brodner, a Board-Certified Sleep Specialist who can provide an effective sleep disorder treatment in Boynton Beach, and finally get the good night's sleep you deserve.
- Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Insomnia - acute and chronic
- Hypersomnolence, including Narcolepsy
- Sleep-related Movement Disorders
- Sleep-wake Timing Disorders
- Restless LegSyndrome